For the last few years, the popularity of MLB has been declining in the US. However, this isn’t the case all around the world. In fact, in the UK, MLB is currently one of the most popular sports with thousands of people in the UK tuning in to watch MLB matches every year. But how much do we really know about the players and teams we love?
While there’s a good chance that you know some basic information about your favourite team and players, it’s likely that you don’t know everything about them as this information is often kept private. One area that is usually kept private from fans and other clubs is how teams and players prepare for a new season. However, the good news for baseball fans is that we’ve found out how some of the most popular teams prepare. If you want to know how MLB players prepare for the new season, then keep reading below:
While this may seem pretty obvious to most baseball fans, training is one of the main ways MLB players prepare for a new season. However, there’s much more to training than meets the eye. Training as an MLB player isn’t simply turning up at the baseball field and playing a few games with your team. Here are some of the different types of training MLB players have to do when preparing for a new season:
- Team training – one of the main ways in which MLB players prepare for a new season is to spend time practising with their teammates.
- Flexibility training – while this is often seen by baseball players as a less important form of training, it is actually extremely important. Flexibility training can go a long way towards a healthy season.
- Agility training – baseball players spend many hours working on their agility before a season begins. This type of training helps them to be able to stop and start or change direction, all while maintaining body control. Some of the different types of agility training include ladder drills, skipping rope training, cone exercises and dot drills.
- Speed training – in order to be a good MLB player, you need to be fast. Players will spend a lot of time and effort trying to increase their speed. They will also spend time improving their running form and working on acceleration, starts and other things that can help them to improve their straight-line speed.
- Functional-strength training – another form of training that is extremely useful for MLB players is functional-strength training. This type of training can help to improve explosiveness and strength which will have a huge impact on a player’s performance in baseball games.
- Arm training – many MLB players will use Jaeger Bands to strengthen the small muscles in their arms. This not only helps to improve the strength in their arms, but it can also help to prevent injury.
As you can see, not only do MLB players have to turn up to practise sessions with their teammates, but they also have to work on things like their speed and agility.
2. Get plenty of sleep
While training is extremely important for MLB players, so is rest.
Players who do not get enough rest or sleep are much more likely to struggle to perform well during a match. Not only that, but sleep is also an important part of the recovery process, and it improves overall physical and mental health.
3. Eat a healthy diet
One of the best ways to stay fit and healthy as an MLB player is to eat a healthy diet. Before a new season begins, most MLB players will pay special attention to the types of food and drink they are consuming.
They will try and stick to good eating habits. This is because the type of food we eat can affect our performance. Your body is a temple, and we need to build it and fuel it correctly if we want it to work to the best of its ability.
4. Take care of their mental health
No matter who you are, where you come from, or what job you have, your mental health is extremely important. This is no different for MLB players. Before a new season starts, MLB players will spend time working on their mental health.
One way players do this is by spending time doing things that they enjoy. Some players choose to spend time with their family and friends, while others choose to visit an online casino where they can play their favourite games. If you’re looking for an online casino where you can play your favourite games, then visit Online Casinos. Not only do they have a list of some of the best casinos in the UK, but they will also help you to find a casino that offers the best bonuses.
5. Work on their concentration
MLB players will spend a few hours each week working on a concentration grid. Evidence suggests that this can help to improve their concentration levels, which can be extremely useful during a game.
6. Have their vision checked
In order to be a good MLB player, you need to have good vision. Thanks to this, MLB players will go and have their eyes tested before the season starts. They will also work on their vision by completing drills that improve their acuity, focus and peripheral vision. Hand-eye coordination is also helpful.
7. Mental preparation
Being an MLB player can be overwhelming, which is why players have to mentally prepare themselves for a new season. Many players choose to do this by meditating or practising some deep breathing exercises.
Preparing for a new season as an MLB player can be hard work. MLB players spend many hours each week training in order to remain in good shape. However, this isn’t the only thing they do to prepare for a new season. They also have to spend time taking care of their mental health, eating healthy meals, and relaxing with family and friends. All of these things can help them get ready for the new season ahead.